Once again, a big thank you to Sandra, who welcomed us so warmly into her house with her husband Keté and their son manutea during our stay in Maupiti, a beautiful island of the archipelago of the company, near Tahiti.
Sandra has worked for several years in catering and is not short of cooking recipes, and this time, during a trip on a private motu to taste roasted lobsters on the beach, she took the opportunity to share her recipe of Tahitian raw fish .
Ingredients for Tahitian raw fish recipe (for 4 people):
- 300 g of white fish with fairly firm flesh
- 1 cucumber
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- ¼ yellow or white onion
- ½ c of finely chopped ginger
- 2 limes (lemons)
- 2 fresh coconuts to draw the milk (grate the fresh coconut and squeeze it strongly into a tea towel to make the milk out) or if not 2 bricks of 200 ml of coconut milk
- Salt pepper
The Tahitian fish recipe is very simple to make, and as is often the case with any raw fish recipe, most of the dish lies in the freshness of the fish. and in Tahiti, the good fish, it does not miss.
Go ahead, go!
- Cut the fish into 1 cm cubes.
- Wash the cucumbers and slice them finely.
- Cut the tomato into small cubes.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop ginger.
Mix everything, season with salt and pepper and add the coconut milk.
You can then reserve the dish cool, and add the lime juice just before serving.
This raw fish recipe is self-sufficient, combining the freshness of raw fish with the exoticism of coconut milk.
To taste is succulent.
Put some Polynesian music in the background, close your eyes and you will quickly feel in the middle of the atoll of Tahiti.